ICSI Treatment (Intra Cytoplasm Sperm Injection) – a New technique for handling male infertility.
ICSI is also known as the Micro manipulation technique this treatment is usually performed under the highly magnified microscope. In this case, a single egg is injected with the single sperm of the man. The success rate of the ICSI is far better than the IVF. This is actually the bypass natural fertilization process. This is the most effective treatment for the qualitative and quantitative defect of the sperm or the egg.
Who is ICSI-IVF recommended for?
- This process is recommended for those couples who are having the poor or no fertilization at the IVF.
- This is also recommended for that man who is having the poor sperm morphology.
- There is also best suited for the poor sperm motility.
- This is also suited for the man who is having a low sperm count.
- If there is obstruction such as vasectomy and it prevents the sperm release.
- Anti-sperm antibodies are also the main candidate for the ICSI treatment.
Could ICSI help us to conceive?
In the ICSI, there is no need for the sperm to travel to the egg or penetrate to the outer layers of the egg. This method is beneficial in following cases:
- When the man’s sperm is not getting egg at all.
- Man’s sperm gets the egg but cannot fertilize due to the same reasons.
- Male members having problems with erection and ejaculation. This is called due to the spinal cord injuries or diabetes. In this case, there is need of the frozen sperm or test the embryo in order to avoid the passing the genetic abnormality.
- ICSI is helpful to improve the chances of the fertilization.
When is ICSI Treatment beneficial to Husband?
When there is low sperm count and no sperm count, then the ICSI treatment is performed on the retrieval of the sperm.
- Low motility of sperms
- Abnormal sperm morphology
When is ICSI Treatment beneficial to Wife?
- When there is severe endometriosis.
- When there is premature menopause. Then, there is need of the donor eggs.
- Poor Ovarian Reserve
- Unexplained Infertility
- In the first step, the female egg is taken by the small anesthesia procedure. This procedure is 15 minutes.
- The very good quality egg is injected into the sperm. This is done by the process of the micro-manipulator.
- When the fertilization has been taking place. Then, the embryo is cultured in the Laboratory.
- Then the good quality embryos are transferred into the uterus by the simple procedure.
- Then the pregnancy tests are conducted after the two weeks when the embryo is transferred.
Cost of ICSI Treatment
The cost of ICSI treatment in India is very reasonable. But the next cost is dependent upon the subsequent medication according to the prevailing market rates.
Some ICSI Facts
In most of the cases, ICSI process is mostly carried out the IVF cycles. There are 75% of the eggs that are injected with the sperm, get fertilized. If the couple does not get results with the standard IVF procedure, then the sperm and egg are fertilized together in the traditional way. You can also choose this for the ICSI.
The Success Rates
This process has the higher success rate as compared to the IVF. The egg quality and quantity must be good. This procedure is mostly conducted in the male infertility problems. The success rate of the ICSI treatment is dependent upon:
- The ICSI technique being used
- Other Factors
- The skill of the surgeon who is performing the test. This is very important to select the best IVF centre in India in order to get the best results.
- Individual patient
How long does ICSI treatment last?
- The one cycle of the ICSI takes the four weeks and six weeks to complete. You and your spouse need to spend half days at the clinic for the egg and sperm retrieval procedure. You will need to come back after the two days or the five days for the embryo transfer procedure.
- If you are under 40, then you need to do three cycles of the IVF or without ICSI. If your age is above the 40 and 42, you need only one full cycle of IVF.
What are the advantages of ICSI?
- This treatment will give you and your partner a chance in order to conceive the genetic child.
- If your partner is unable to ejaculate on the day of the egg collection, then ICSI is the best methods for those couples.
- This is suitable for those couples who are having unexplained infertility.
- ICSI does not have any effect on the child’s physical and mental development.
What are the disadvantages of ICSI?
- ICSI is the more expensive treatment as compared to the IVF. But the best things always incur a cost.
- The risks associated are multiple pregnancies if the more than one embryo is transferred.
- ICSI has shorter time as compared to the IVF.
- In the natural conception, the hardiest sperm is difficult to manage through the membrane of the egg in order to fertilize the egg. But the ICSI pass this natural selection process. There is increased risk of the rare genetic problems. This is also bypassed to the children. All the genetic problems are not tested beforehand.
What are the Potential Risks?
For the egg:
ICSI is the more invasive procedure. This requires the more handling than the standard IVF insemination technique. There may be very small chance that the egg may be damaged during the procedure. This is result of the non – viable egg.
For the resulting child:
There are millions of the children are born with the ICSI technique. There is no evidence that children born with the ICSI have any kind of the birth defects as compared to the children that are born naturally.
The age of the mother, family history and the presence of the pregnancy complications are the most important predictors of the newborn baby.
Is it possible the male child born with the ICSI has the same problem that his father carries?
- There are some men who are having the sperm problem that is not hereditary.
- There are the other men that have the sperm problem since birth. There may be chances; it may be transferred to the male children. This is due to the small chromosomal rearrangement or deletion of the small portion of the Y chromosome.
- Men, who are suffering from the low sperm count or obstruction, may carry one of the cystic fibrosis genes. In this case, a child will definitely carry the CF gene.
- Mother age also influences the risk of the birth defects. The men with the low sperm count have increased the risk of producing the son with the sex chromosomes like XXY or XYY instead of XY. These children are normal in appearance and have the normal IQ.
But there is no need to be so much worried, you can select the best IVF centre in India, who can help you to avoid the potential risks to the maximum extent. Expert always gives its specialized work.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this website is provided for information purposes only. No legal liability or other responsibility is accepted by the team of for any errors, omissions, or statements on this site, or any site to which these pages connect.
Commoncelebrity.Com accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information.