Extreme dryness and peeling off the skin of the lips is quite an annoying thing to notice. Chapped lips can occur throughout the year. Inadequate supply of nutrients, less water intake and improper caring of the lips can cause the skin to peel from the beautiful red lips. The most important home remedy one needs to follow is to drink enough water. Yes! The right amount of water is required to keep the skin and body hydrated. More often dry and chapped lips are seen during winter. While we welcome winter we also add famous lip balms in our shopping cart and pile up in our dressing table. No matter how costly marques you pick and home remedies you follow, avoid dehydration and rehydrate with plenty of fluids!
In this article, let’s go through a few reasons for causing chapped lips and simple home remedies on how to heal it. Keep reading the post!
A few possible causes for chapped lips:
Here are a few possible causes for developing chapped lips. Find out if you are under the listed radar.
- Cold and dry weather
- Licking lips
- Intake of too much spicy foods, citrus foods, and salty foods can irritate the skin of your lips
- Application of skin irritant products on lips
- Lack of healthy fat in the diet
- Breathing through the mouth
- Excess intake of Vitamin A
Certain medical conditions can cause chapped lips and the list includes
- Thyroid issues
- Yeast overgrowth
- B complex and vitamin deficiencies
- Kawasaki’s disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Allergies to certain medications
When to consult a doctor:
If you have severely chapped lips along with pain, sores or cracks near the corner of the mouth, then consult a dermatologist immediately. He may suggest you with medications or recommend a good quality lip balm for cracked or bleeding lips. Many ayurvedic products from top ayurvedic companies offer rich moisturizing cream to soften and replenish the skin. The products are a blend of natural herbs, oils and butter. Order ayurvedic medicine online from any trusted online medicine site and get amazing medicine discounts on every order.
Easy and natural home remedies to placate chapped lips:
When we see our lips getting peeled out, we immediately rush and apply lip balm in the note to heal it. But, it provides us with instant relief. Below we have mentioned a few home remedies which you can try for long-term solutions. For lasting results, try out the following remedies these now!
- Coconut oil: Yes! Coconut oil is an instant moisturizer. The application of virgin coconut oil on lips soothes the skin, heals the dry skin, and treats various types of skin disorders. The goodness of properties is due to the presence of medium-chain fatty acids. It helps the skin to absorb the oil easily. Coconut oil also helps to prevent infections caused due to cracks.
- Honey: Honey is an effective home remedy as it provides a deep moisturizing effect. Just soothe your skin with a drop of honey. Now, no worries to rehydrate your lip! Yes! This amazing ingredient in our pantry does wonders on the lips!
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is the secret ingredient in all the beauty products. Apply fresh aloe Vera gel on your chapped lips and see how phenomenally it works. Apply for a few days continuously and see the visible changes.
- Petroleum jelly: Applying white petroleum jelly on the lips helps to seal moisture in the lips. It is used for many years by the people and it is an age-old remedy to treat cracked lips. It’s pocket-friendly to buy yet easily available on all online drugstores and supermarkets.
- Avocado butter: The fatty acids such as oleic acid and linoleic acid in avocado butter help to soothe chapped lips. So use regularly to prevent the lips from getting cracked.
Here, we will list out a few tips to prevent chapped lips. Check out!
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- Use lip balm to moisturize the skin regularly
- Avoid using skin irritant products on your body
- Avoid licking of lips
- Stop breathing through your mouth
Applying the above home remedies can prevent your lips from drying and peeling. Also, follow the above tips to lock the moisture and make the lips look soft and supple.
Stay Raw-Stay Unshakable
Disclaimer: The content of this website is provided for information purposes only. None of the authors, contributors, administrators, or anyone else linked with commoncelebrity.com, in any whatsoever is responsible for use of any information contained in the content.