The plethora of benefits exercising gives to human body goes beyond the limit of penning down in an article. However if we were to speak of few exercising helps you battle heart problems, cancer, stress, Dietary problems, Performance problem etc. What Looks good comes along with a small script, which if not followed can make you glued to plateau for long periods. Lets look at the Common workout mistakes which have lead to downfall of many, and make sure you avoid them in in your routine. I am personally a victim of 1, which is number 1; and be rest assured i was pushed back long because of this.
Leave Ego at the Door; irrespective whichever form of life it is. Lifting with EGO in your mind is nothing but spoiling your posture and method to impress someone who probably will not even give you a towel to wipe sweat. My Dream to lift my way to a commonwealth medal made me push hard towards weights; which i was incapacitated for and the result was pain and agony. Trust me the ladies or co-professionals at the Gym are really not impressed by your weight scales.
2. Skipping Warm Ups
If you are dilly dolling, checking out others, walking the treadmill 10% of your capacity; please don’t worry you don’t need a warm up. However, if you intend to train properly, have high intensity in your mind, you have a set goal you are aiming for; make sure you dont miss out the warm up part. It is a complicated theory by the pundits on whether to stretch or not stretch prior to a workout; but the general notion is to get the blood pumped and rolling prior to any intensity training.
3. You Eat Fake
No Bunch of processed food will give you equal satisfaction as compared to a raw, fresh cooked food would. It is imperative to understand need of Food in your workout regime; one can never crunch his/her way to a six pack abdominal. Kitchen contributes more than 80% to your fitness whereas workout articulates it with the remaining 20%.
4. Starving for weight loss
Add this to the top of potential blunders you can make while you follow a workout regime. Feeding Appropriate mix of carbohydrate, Protein and Fat is not only essential for Muscle Building but also for weight loss. The holistic approach towards weight loss should be to actually create a calorie deficit in the body wherein you consume less than what you Burn. This maths has no science other than what is shared. Starvation leads to a state where body’s metabolism goes down so you are ideally reaching a state where body reaches a state of no weight loss.
5. Part specific workout
Your body is as strong as your weakest link.
The speed of the road is decided by the slowest moving vehicle.
Focusing on certain movements/parts while neglecting others often creates imbalances and weaker areas within the body. Muscle imbalances can lead to a state of overuse injuries.
I will be sharing the part 2 of the Blunder list next week, wherein we would focus on diet charts and meal timings.
Stay Raw-Stay Unshakable
Stay Raw-Stay Unshakable
Hi!! My name is Manu Arora and I am a full-time health and fitness blogger living in Delhi, India. Somehow I made my passion for fitness inculcated into my Work Profile. My goal with my blog and videos is to enable your passion for healthy management of Work-Life Balance.